Monday, February 27, 2012

Migration Inspiration

Those who follow ziezo on Facebook know already that I was inspired by the recent butterfly migration here in East Africa.  I had been wondering for days why there were so many butterflies around and why I had not seen them in these masses in previous years, until I read that it's a migration!
I dyed some silks in the fresh yellow white colours of the thousands of butterflies that were passing through Nairobi, here are some of the results:


Diegenen die ziezo op Facebook volgen weten al dat ik geinspireerd was door de recente vlinder migratie die plaatsvond in Oost Afrika.  Ik had me al dagenlang verwonderd over de hoeveelheid vlinders die ik dagelijks zag in Nairobi, en waarom het me in de voorgaande jaren nog nooit opgevallen was, totdat ik las dat er sprake was van een heuse vlinder migratie.
Ik verfde een paar zijden doeken in de frisse wit-gele kleuren van de duizenden vlinders die hier door Nairobi trokken, en zie hier een paar van de resultaten.

Sharing at:
 

11 comments:

  1. These wings are so beautiful! I wish I could see those butterflies......

    (Found you via Frontier Dreams.....)

    ~carrie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie. They are so whimsical. . . nature's amazing.

      Delete
  2. What amazing inspiration! And beautiful creations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are fantastic, id like to make some too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butterflies! You know we love them too. Thank you for your lovely comment over my way.
    I will have to look for some images of the migration over Nairobi. Your dyeing (and your photos)are so beautiful!
    We experienced the annual migration of the Monarch butterflies in Morelia, Mexico. A few years ago. Such an overwhelming, magical experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, love these Andrea. :) Such a wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful colours and wonderful that you were so inspired by what you saw in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you will join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete