Monday, March 18, 2013

Lightbox DIY

I decided at the beginning of the year that I need to do more with my Pinterest pins.  Rather than creating a continuously larger collection, I need to implement some of the ideas that I gather there.  One of my recent ones is the DIY Lightbox to do some product photography for the ziezo shop.

The principle of the box was easy enough, implementation is a bit more challenging in Kenya, as supplies are not always available.  A big box was not a problem, I asked for one at the local grocery store.  White tissue paper was a problem.  I checked at several places and found no white.  An alternative was found in my stash of paper: white crepe paper.  It was a great replacement, and I made my first product pics in the box.  They look great in my opinion, although the box can still be larger for my kind of products.

The life of the box was short-lived however, my little one bumped into it and it now had several tears in it.  Off to find another big box and some paper again.

If you are a crafter and take product pics, what do you use?  Do you have a good and easy DIY alternative?
In het begin can het jaar besloot ik om meer te doen met mijn Pinterest pinnen. In plaats van het creëren van een grotere verzameling, vond ik dat ook maar eens meer moest beginnen met het implementeren van sommige projecten of ideeën die ik daar verzamel. Een van mijn recente pins, is een DIY lichtdoos om producten voor de ziezo winkel beter te fotograferen.

Het principe van de lichtdoos was gemakkelijk genoeg, maar de uitvoering is een kleine uitdaging in Kenia, omdat neit altijd alle producten verkrijgebaar zijn hier. Een grote doos was geen probleem, die kreeg ik op verzoekbij een plaatselijke supermarkt. Wit zijdepapier was wel een probleem. Ik heb op verschillende plaatsen gezocht en vond geen wit.  Maar ik vond wel een alternatief dat ik al in huis had: wit crêpepapier. Het was een goede vervanger, en ik heb dus mijn eerste product foto's gemaakt in de doos. Ze zien er goed uit naar mijn mening, hoewel de doos kan nog groter zijn voor mijn soort producten.

Het leven van de doos was echter van korte duur, mijn kleinste botste ertegen op en nu is het papier op verschillende plaatsen gescheurd. Nu moet ik dus op zoek naar een grotere doos en nieuw papier.

Neem jij produkt fotos? Weet jij een goed en eenvoudig DIY alternatief op zo'n lichtdoos?


Andrea

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of making a light box as well! I haven't looked into how to construct one yet, I'll check your links! I thought of using a natural fibre paper (like rice paper?) for the sides or cloth (silk?) for durability.
    Do you think it will it work?
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silk or a sheer cotton would be brilliant, but a little difficult to attach for the long run, unless one sews a box type bag to fit around the box frame. . .
      Thanks for the idea Joey!

      Delete