Friday, August 24, 2012

Painting a little garden

When the kids got a bunkbed in their room two years ago, I made a fabric 'play house' cover for them to put up on the bottom bunk to play.  The piece has been on and off the bed since, it was a simple off-white fabric with blue accents.  However, this week we decided to finally decorate the house, and make it really homely with a little flower garden.  The acrylic paints came out and the three musketeers went to work on the fabric. It was a great activity to have them work together on one piece and put in their own ideas.

Don't you love the lively result with the flowers, the butterflies and the little 'Welcome' sign at the door?  I still need to iron the piece to set the paints, but play has started already. . .

Before
Starting to paint, but still some discussion on the design
After, ready to play house again
Toen de kinderen twee jaren geleden een stapelbed kregen, heb ik een eenvoudig stoffen speelhuis voor hun bed gemaakt dat ze kunnen ophangen om in te spelen.  Sinds die tijd hebben ze het huis aan het bed gehad, maar ook weer tijden zonder.  Het was een eenvoudig huisje met blauwe accenten aan de deur en ramen en uit creme kleurige katoen.  Maar. . . deze week besloten we om het een beetje op de fleuren en gezelliger te maken met een klein tuintje.  We hebben de acryl verf uit de kast gehaald en de drie musketiers zijn aan het verven geslagen.  Het was een goede activiteit om hen same te laten werken en hun eigen ideeen te uiten.

Vindt je het fleurige resultaat met de bloemen, de vlinders en het 'welcome' bordje op de deur niet leuk?  Ik moet het geheel nog steeds strijken om de verf te zetten, maar het spel is alweer begonnen.

Andrea

Sharing at:




9 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! I know my children would love to be able to make their bottom bunk into a real looking house. The flowers make it even more cheery and welcoming. Thank you so much for sharing at Sharing Creative Ideas!
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am very upset that you are copying our wing design so exactly. the butterfly colors and rainbow are exact copies. Also, the design. It is not a kind thing to do.
    Sarah
    www.sarahssilks.com/wings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sarah, thanks for your message. I have been aware of your company, but have not used it in any way to design my wings. Following your message, I have looked in detail at your design and see no issue in having copied your wing design.
      I admire what you do and respect that you do this commercially. My creation of the wings came out of home-oriented motives and my orientation remains that way. I am sorry that you feel that I had in any way copied your design.

      Delete
  3. This is such a happy looking house, and a great idea!! I bet the kids love playing with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how beautiful!! I love it!! I am sure the kids love it too. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete